Multi-stakeholder Partnership Dialogue
- When: Tue, 2 September 2014, 10 AM - 1 PM
- Where: Savaii Partnerships Hall, Apia, Samoa
- Participation: Open for all accredited participants to the SIDS Conference
Stakeholders wishing to participate in the interactive dialogue of the multi-stakeholder Partnership Dialogue in Samoa are requested to register its SIDS specific partnership, following the outlined criteria, in the SIDS 2014 Partnerships Platform.
All attending participants are encouraged to coordinate with the SIDS Conference Secretariat (click for contact form)
ahead of time so relevant information can be showcased at the session, if an intervention on launching/reviewing
a partnership is expected.
Climate change & Disaster Risk management
The session will focus on “Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management” and its interrelated and complementary issues as to bring out the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development, as well as cross-cutting issues, such as the enabling factors of financing, capacity building, technology transfer, technical cooperation and institutional development.
The interactive discussion will be guided by the following questions:
More information in the Concept Note.
- What partnerships are most effective in supporting SIDS to meet their climate change adaptation needs and why?
- What partnerships are most effective in building resilience and preparedness and in promoting recovery from disasters and why?