As mandated by the SIDS Partnership Framework, the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DES), in collaboration with the Steering Committee on Partnerships for SIDS, has
developed a standardized reporting template and process for SIDS partnerships, for the purpose of informing all stakeholders on the
progress of SIDS partnerships.
The template, and an upgraded SIDS Action Platform, is now available. All focal points of SIDS partnerships are
encouraged to engage and share their partnership updates through the established template, once a year until their partnership is
Inputs through the template will be used to prepare relevant reports by the Secretary-General of the United Nations, as well be regularly
featured in UN websites, social media channels, and newsletters. In addition, submitted inputs will be used to inform the 2030 Agenda
follow-up and review process at the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development.
Partnership reporting template
The template consist of the following elements:
- Reporting year
- Status of the partnership
- Achievement at a glance (max 100 words)
- Challenges faced in implementation (if any) (max 200 words)
- Next steps (max 200 words)
- How did they benefit? (max 200 words)
- Status on deliverables?
- New deliverables?
- Relevant documents
Please sign in to your account
to access the online template.
Having problems submitting form online? Download Word version of the reporting template
Progress reports are required to be submitted once a year. Once a report is submitted, a the Progress Status light will turn green. If no progress report is submitted after one year, the light will turn yellow. If no report is submitted for two years, the light will turn red.
Questions? Signed in, but your initiative not showing up in your account? Contact us here
Content from submitted reports will allow the Secretariat to better analyze the situation in SIDS and its partnerships, and inform the Steering Committee. It is expected that focal points should submit a short report once a year, until the completion of the partnership.
How to submit:
- Sign in to your account (click user-icon or your picture in the top right corner of this website)
- Click "My initiatives" under your account (click user-icon or your picture in the top right corner of this website)
- Click on the link "Submit Progress Report" next to the name of the initiative you wish to report on
- Fill out and submit the form
Hint: When submitting a progress report, you can both report on the status of existing deliverables, as well add in new deliverables.